"Abysmal, Treated like livestock. Will not be..."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

The only thing I can find to like about the place is the provision of motorcycle parking.

I had an appointment to see a doctor in the Ashton centre. After waiting over an hour in a waiting room with a lot of people who had obviously waited longer than I had, a nurse came and told the elderly patient seated next to me that the 3pm appointments were triple booked and he was the 3rd. I guess that would make me the 4th!

When I finally got in to see the doctor he spent half the time apologising for the abysmal service and apportioning blame (showing me paper evidence that the appointment was multi-booked and hinting that it had been happening all day), then a nurse came in and started trying to make an argument for multiple booking! Unbelievable!

I feel I did not have enough time to discuss my condition and treatment because the appointment was focused on the shortcomings of the booking system rather than my cancer. I did not attend for a debate on the pro's and cons of double-booking, I attended because I have skin cancer, although that seems to be forgotten.

This defective booking system has devalued the professional and reduced the patient to being treated like livestock! I certainly won't be returning to Pinderfields, even if it means keeping the carcinoma.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We are concerned to note these comments and would be pleased to investigate if the patient would like to contact us directly. The email address is pals@midyorks.nhs.uk