"Unpleasant"

About: St Lukes Hospital (Bradford)

I was seen promptly

The Surgeons manner was not good. i did not say anything at the time as his comments left me speechless. I felt his use of terminology quite inappropriate, as well as his manner. I could have corrected or disagreed with him, but felt it would have been pointless as he obviously had a set idea about me in his head, for what ever reason.

It is a good job i am thick skinned otherwise I would have been very upset.

Response from St Lukes Hospital

Hello, first of all can I please apologise that you did not receive a response to your feedback at the time. This seems to have been due to a technical fault which meant some posts not feeding through to us, and we have asked NHS Choices to put this right.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your experience, it is not what we expect for our patients and I apologise for any distress it caused you. I hope the issue has been resolved but if not please get in touch.

Should you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to raise them with the person concerned if you wish, or ask to speak to a senior member of the nursing team or the Matron for the area so we can look into it straight away and put it right. If you do not feel you can do that please contact the Patient Experience Manager on 01274 364810.