"Frustrating, disappointing and wouldn't recommend..."

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

On the Clinical Decision Unit people regularly came round asking patients if they wanted a cup of tea and a sandwich, all of which were very nice.

We arrived at 11.30am and didn't see a consultant until 5.30pm. We had been there for 2 hours when I asked when we would be seen and was told it wouldn't be until at least another hour as the doctor had finished his rounds. We went to the restaurant for some lunch as we'd come straight from the doctor's surgery with no food or drinks, only to find the lunchtime serving had finished and there was very little food left. What frustrated us most was the lack of communication to us over when my partner would be seen and diagnosed, the brusque attitude of the ward clerk when I asked questions about my partner's care and being told to keep waiting in a very uncomfortable and not entirely clean waiting area. This was the last thing we needed when my partner, who was having heart problems, and I were both extremely scared and worried.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

We’re very sorry to hear about your experiences. Your comments have been forwarded to the General Manager for that area and the Clinical Decision Unit senior nursing team.