"surgery and ward 3 "

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow)

Have given service and punctuality only an average rating. This is because I had to wait almost 3 hours in my surgical gown before being taken to surgery.

However I understand that surgery is not factory production and emergencies can arise (though I was not told of any) so I did not let this affect my opinion overall,

Once change I would make though is that after a given time I could be assessed by the surgeon (just like pre assessment) as to the effectiveness of his/her surgery, to remove any doubts or worries on the patient’s part.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for sharing your comments about your treatment at the Day Surgery Unit, I know that staff in the Unit will look at your suggestion to see if there is anything we can do to improve and learn from the delay you experienced. Your suggestion is most welcome and staff in the unit will read your kind remarks and your comments.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to write. It is greately appreciated.

I hope that your surgery was successful, and that you have gone on to make a good recovery.