"I have no wish to see this person again"

About: Sentinel Healthcare Southwest Community Interest Company / Shoulders, Knees & Feet (muscles & bones)

The person I saw in reference to my ankle problem seemed more interested in my personal private life than my ankle problem.

Their whole demeanour towards me wrong – some of the things they said were bizarre, e.g:

1. are you incontinent?

2. are you old?

3. do you have a dog?

4. asked personal questions about my work, history and private life.

They asked numerous other personal questions that had no bearing on my ankle problem.

I have no wish to see this person again as I have no confidence in their ability to listen or deal with the problem I came to the hospital to resolve. I still need my ankle problem dealt with.

Response from Neil Parsons, Business Manager , Clinical Assessment and Treatment Services, Sentinel Healthcare

Dear Wight523

I was sorry to hear of your experiences. We take concerns raised by patients very seriously, in your response you have raised many questions about your care and as Manager of the service I would like to take the opportunity to discuss your experiences with you. You can contact me via e-mail at neilparsons@nhs.net or via telephone on 01752 434908/435185.

Alternatively you can raise your concerns via our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01752 435405.

Once again I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I hope that in some way this response will encourage you to contact me or PALS to discuss your experiences further.

With best wishes