"Unhappy with experience of MRI and scan"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Radiology

Firstly the pain release from my injections have been wonderful. Consultant, staff, nurses are all brilliant.

However, I am terrified of small spaces and had to endure 3 MRIs. One I had to refuse due to nerves but everytime I had one, the MRI was lost! And then I had to endure another- it was awful, I cried and couldn't believe it kept happening.

In the end I had a scan because I could not face another MRI. The operator of the scan told me to undress in the same room. "Take your bra off" whilst others were watching through the window. I was embarrassed and very uncomfortable.

The operator of the scan was Asian and I believe his Asian patients were given cubicles to undress in. I am still thinking of taking this further as I am not happy.

Response from Simon Jarvis, Head of Patient Engagement, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear nadir806

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback and I am so sorry to read about the experience you had in MRI. I have passed your feedback onto the Radiology team as I feel it's important they understand how individual patients feel in these situations.

In order to drive forward further improvements in our services I am also planning a 'goldfish bowl' feedback session where patients are invited in to talk about their experiences and staff are invited just to observe. I would welcome the opportunity to invite you in to talk about your experiences which would be done in a confidential way and you will be supported throughout. If this is something you think you would be happy to take part in, please can you contact me directly and I will talk you through the process.

In the meantime, please do feel free to contact me if you need to come in for further tests and I will ensure we provide all the support you need.

Kind regards and best wishes

Simon Jarvis