"Treated very well by staff"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Kirkby

I was unable to get a doctors appointment and therefore visited my local 'walk-in'. I had a reasonable wait of about one and a half hours (which was a display). I was terated very well by both the reception and triage and staff.

On being called in to see the nurse I was given a thorough examination for the cause of my illness. I had a very bad chest/flu virus 4 weeks earlier and was still feeling ill. I explained my symptoms and was given a water (urine) test. This showed a high level of blood. The nurse got me an appointment that same day with my own G. P. I was prescribed an antibrotic, iron tablets and vitamins. very pleased with the service all round.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear rocket387,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after your visit to the Walk in Centre.

It is good to hear that you had a positive experience that met your needs as we aim to provide accessible assessment and treatment. I will ensure that the team receive your comments.

Kind regards,