"Could the board in outpatients be more accurate?"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I was seen today by the outpatients department and I don't really have anything to complain about, I think people here are nice and generally they always put me at ease and act professionally.

The only thing is that I think the communication could be better - the board isn't really up to date. It isn't accurate. It might say that you will be seen in 15 mins but really it's more than often nothing like that - sometimes it's before, something it's longer.

It doesn't seem to really mean anything at all.

But I can't complain about the doctors and nurses, they're been really good. They're genuinely nice people, ity feels like they care and that's all you really want.

Response from Katherine Allen, Deputy Director of Strategy and Transformation, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thanks for your comment and I can report that we are looking into this as we speak. We have asked LINk Devon and volunteers to observe all of our outpatient departments at NDDH so we can understand how many appointments are delayed, the reason for the delay and how effectively and accurately we communicated this to patients...... so please watch this space!