"In comparisons with other hospitals, this one always comes out on top!"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Ophthalmology

I have macular degeneration - I visit once a month for eye injections.

Two years ago was my first treatment, it is not much better, I have to wait much less than I did then. I came for two sessions, didn't have to wait and they split my appointment to fit both things in while I was here.

They set expectations right at the start, so I know how it would be.

The staff are kind too, I've had a half hour wait on occasion but rarely anything to moan about. It has greatly improved. We have to get someone to bring us in so it's not great if there are delays but there hasn't been for a while.

I have no improvements to suggest, they are tremendous. I've been in for one thing or another to different departments here, I've always been treated well, I have no complaints - it's wonderful.

My family have commented on the comparison between this hospital and others, and this one always comes out on top.

Dear 1922

Thank you for adding your comments regarding the Opthalmology department.

Having visited so regularly over the last two years, its really good to read to hear that things have improved so much with waiting times, and that the department is adapting to patients needs so well, and in such a friendly manner.

I have passed your comments on to the Opthalmology manager, to enable her to share them with the team, where I know they will be warmly recieved.