"Treated with dignity and care"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General surgery Rotherham Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I needed to have both knees injected with synvisc, which is a synthetic type of synovial fluid which is in the knee joint.

I was admitted onto the theatre assessment unit on three different occasions for injections. From T.A.U I was taken into Orthopaedic theatre where all of the injections took place. I was then transferred to the day surgery unit where recovery was.

I was given tea and toast on all occasions and checked on throughout my stay, which I must say was wonderful and very short, i.e I was home on each occasion before 10am. I honestly and sincerely cannot fault the service and dignity that I was given.

Well done the NHS and especially Rotherham District General Hospital.

Thank you all!

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Future465, thank you for your posting on the Patients Opinion web site. It is good to know that your experience of our services from the Theatre Assessment Unit to the Orthopaedic Theatres and then Day Surgery was wonderful and that our staff treated you with care and dignity throughout. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the staff concerned.

With best wishes,