"poor from the onset"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

We understand that due to emergencies appointments do get cancelled. But in this case there is a problem in communiction between admin and patients. In this current climate it is very difficult to arrange absence from work, a simple phone call or message left on voice mail is very simple and quick these days. There in no escuse for poor communication.

2 appointments cancelled. The 2nd, I was informend of cancelation on arrivial @ 07.30. As a result I have lost annual leave from work, wasted time and incurred unnecessary parking costs. Further, I was told that it was up to me to call and book another appointment. I was told that someone should have phoned me about the cancelation. - We were home the day prior to the scheduled appointment. We recieved No phone calls or messages on our voice mails - nor had there been any attempts made to inform us on the morning of the appointment. There is clearly a very poor administration structure.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We would really appreciate the opportunity to look into what happened within the system in your case. If you would like some more information, please contact our PILS team on 08081 788 337 who will be able to investigate it for you.