"Using Nottinghamshire out of hours crisis service"

(as a service user),

The out of hours crisis services in Nottinghamshire seems to be getting worse!

On many occasions I have called out of hours services, only to be told to have a bath, try to relax, go back to bed and many other silly remarks which are not helpful it makes me feel like they are not bothered.

There seems to be an idea that they have a job and me as a service user was and are useless. We need empathy. Do service managers know what staff are saying on the crisis line?

I have considered suicide many times. One day I may call crisis service and may actually harm myself, or even end my life. Please sort this out.

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I'm very sorry to hear your experience of the crisis service has been a disappointing one.

Nottinghamshire health care trust has several crisis teams so it would be helpful if you could let us know which one you have been contacting so I can investigate your issues further. I manage some of the crisis teams in the trust but can direct you to managers of the other teams if that is appropriate.

If you would prefer to speak to me direct please contact 01623 784770