"Having CBT for my pain at Mount Gould"

About: Livewell South West

(as a service user),

Had a stroke and have struggled a lot since then. I’ve been ill lots, and had trouble with alcohol and drugs, as well as my illness. I’ve had lots of help through it all – it’s been tough and the NHS have been great.

I go to Mount Gould for CBT to help with back pain, once a week. I really needed the help, and wish I’d been quicker getting there – it took 10 weeks to get the appointments.

I must admit, I’m hesitant about the idea, that CBT would improve my pain – I’m not sure I see why, but I’ll give it a try. But everything is good – everyone is polite and helpful here. I think the appointments I’ve had were good, and I appreciate that it’s part of a process, and hopefully it’ll work.

I also go to the Drug Addicts Anonymous meetings 4 times a week. They’re saving my life at the moment. I’ve been 6 weeks sober and life’s taken a turn for the better. The DAA are brilliant and I wouldn’t have got this far without them.

Response from Jade Brelsford, Communications, Plymouth Community Healthcare

Dear Shell700

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We're glad to hear that the treatment you are receiving is having a positive affect on you. Congratulations on your progress so far and we wish you all the best for the future.

Kind Regards