"Physio at Mount Gould, and knee replacement at Peninsular Hospital"

About: Derriford Hospital Livewell South West Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre / Orthopaedics

I have physio at Mount Gould, and am so pleased I get to go there and not Derriford. It’s lovely, open and spaceous, and the staff are just great.

I went to get my left knee replaced at Peninsular hospital at the start of May. I was so pleased with the care. All the staff worked as a team – with a real rapport. It was just excellent care. If it was a hotel, I’d give it 5 stars! The food was great, and the staff were all wonderful.

My experience of Derriford, however, was terrible. I was in for peritonitis two years ago. The cleaner used the same cloth for everything – I did not think the ward I was on was at all clean, and I was so concerned about infection. The food was terrible and my care was just not good at all. I was on a woman’s ward, but my daughter had to help care for me. She had to clean me, and around my bed. The hospital seemed to big to care about individual patients, and the staff looking after me didn’t work together at all well. I felt lucky to leave healthy!

Response from Jade Brelsford, Communications, Plymouth Community Healthcare

Dear Smaller889

Plymouth Community Healthcare are responsible for the Mount Gould site, so on our behalf thank you for your lovely comments. We will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant staff teams at Mount Gould.

Kind Regards