"I feel that any communication with the hospital is..."

About: Watford General Hospital

I wrote a formal lettter of complaint to the Chief Executive in January 2012, I received a letter stating my complaint had been received and that I should expect a Full Response within 40 days.

It is now the 28th May 2012, despite a further letter addressed to the Chief Executive, an Email to the Complaints Team and telephone calls to the NHS Ombudsman I have been completely ignored by the Trust

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thankyou for offering feedback of your experience to date of writing.

We're sincerely sorry that you're unhappy with the service you have received. Issues of this nature are taken very seriously. The importance of a wholly positive patient experience is one of our key objectives, and the issue of communication between our staff and patients is a fundamental area we’re working hard to improve in.

Without full details of your specific case it is difficult to comment. However, we can assure you that if you would like to contact us directly through the Trust’s Quality Assurance department at wherts-tr.complaintsteam@nhs.net, we would welcome the opportunity to thoroughly investigate these outstanding issues promptly, and provide you with a detailed response to each of the issues raised.