"The worst night of my life."

About: William Harvey Hospital

We knew it would be a long wait in A & E because that's life but the drinks machines were all out of order, well there was one working but it was mostly empty except for a couple of red bull cans. If you know people will be in A & E for hours & hours then please provide suitable facilities for them. Animals would probably get better treatment. My daughter & I both went without a drink for over five hours.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I was disappointed to read about the experience you had recently in the Emergency Department at the William Harvey Hospital. On the occasions when we don’t meet our normally high standards we try to learn from experiences so that we can improve the care for our future patients. If you would like to make an informal or formal complaint you can do so by contacting our Patient Experience Team either by telephone 01227 783145 or via email at patientexperience@ekht.nhs.uk.

In the meantime I will forward your comments to the relevant department so they can take forward and action accordingly.

Once again, thank you for providing us with your feedback.