"not great"

About: Halton Hospital

Nicer than A&E.

No where on the website does it say X-ray closes at 8pm.

We spent 30 mins getting there, arrived at 7.40pm to be told that X-ray closed at 8pm. Which actually meant we couldn't be seen even though it was before 8pm! We then had to spend another 30 mins driving to A&E in Warrington. What a waste of parking and our time.

The website should simply say, if you feel you may need an X-ray please arrive before 7.30pm or visit Warrington A&E.

Response from David Wilson, Halton LINk Communication & Information Officer, Halton LINk

Thank you very much for submitting this story.

I was sorry to hear about the problem you had getting an x-ray. I've had a look at the Hospital website and although I did manage to find details of the opening times of the x-ray dept, http://tiny.cc/lry7ew, it doesn't say anything about needing to allow time to arrive well before 8pm to have the x-ray taken.

At the Halton Local Involvement Network (LINk) we have regular contact with Warrington Hospital through their Patient Experience Group. I'll raise your comments with the Hospital and ask them for a response.

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell your story.

regards

Dave

Response from Halton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We'll be updating the website to reflect the x-ray times at Halton this week based on your comments so it is clearer.