"The blood service needs a new chair"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Halewood

I went to Halewood walk-in - to the blood clinic. I'm on warfarin, but had to go in for tests. I sometimes have to wait, but I don't mind - they are busy. I think all the staff are very nice and polite - I've always been really pleased with how they treat me.

However - there was one thing that let it down. The chair I sat in for the blood test was old and seemed broken. They really need a new chair. It tips up, but I can't reach the floor (I'm only small) - also the arms were very loose. The nurse said that they have asked for a new one, but haven't had it. So I really wanted to say that you should get that lovely service a nice new chair - or at least fix the old one!

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear dancer141,

We apologise for your negative experience and thank you for your opinion.

We have recently renewed the chairs within the blood service at Halewood which will hopefully resolve future problems. If you would like to discuss this further please contact PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 0800 073 0578.

Kind regards,