"Efficient and reassuring"

About: Hemel Hempstead Hospital

My elderly father attended the Urgent Care Centre in considerable discomfort and distress. Both he and I were treated with the utmost respect and consideration. This included all the staff with whom we had contact ,including the reception ladies, nurses and the doctor. Even a nurse not directly involved in his care was courteous enough to say 'good evening' as we walked through to the treatment area.

We arrived at 7.40pm, went through at 8pm and were on our way home by 9pm.

Despite being late in the evening all necessary information was handed on to my dad's GP and District Nursing team. They had the information by 8.30am the next day (I rang to check).

Many thanks. This made a distressing situation much more bearable and has given dad confidence in the local health services.

It is a shame that the general environment is so bleak with deserted/ boarded-up buildings: very sad to see.

Response from Hemel Hempstead Hospital

Thankyou for sharing your feedback with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had such a wholly positive experience at the Urgent Care Centre.

A caring nature and air of professionalism doesn’t cost a thing, so we’re glad that’s exactly what you received. Your comments have of course been passed onto the team involved in your care, of which they were delighted to receive.