"I would highly recommend the unit."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

This is a lovely place to have a baby. The staff are caring and friendly and the facilities are excellent. Fathers are encouraged to stay and made to feel welcome. The rooms are large and bright and every room has its own bathroom. There are no separate ante-natal and postnatal wards, meaning that with an uncomplicated delivery on the midwifery lead unit mothers remain in the same room for labour and delivery. Despite the fact that the unit is over-subscribed I never felt it impacted on the care I received during my time on the unit. I suffered some serious complications during the birth and was very impressed with how quickly and professionally the doctors and midwives acted to provide what was in my case life-saving care.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

Thank you so much for the kind comments you have left about our maternity staff and unit. We will be very happy to forward you comments to them. They will be delighted to hear that your experience was such a positive one; it is encouraging for our staff to hear such lovely feedback.