"Not pleasant left me feeling inferior!"

About: Nuffield Health, Leeds Hospital

not a lot!

As an NHS patient, we were segregated from the 'paying' patients by the reception desk! Very much a case of the haves and have nots! The paying patients were provided with coffee/tea making facilities whereas us lowly NHS patients had water. After being shown to my room (which was lovely) i had the usual pre op tests and was told my surgery would be at 2pm (ish) i was alone in my room from 1.10pm until 4.50pm not one person came to see if i was ok, nervous etc i found this wholly unacceptable. Following surgery, i was returned to my room at 8.30pm. No problem at all with the night staff. At 8am the following morning i was asked if i wanted a shower?? As i had a general anaesthetic, followed by morphine and strong painkillers my brain could not function adequately so i showered myself (i had spinal surgery) and was then expected to leave after breakfast! I refused to leave as i was still very much 'under the influence'! Following a conversation with my consultant i was 'allowed' to stay and sleep the effects of the drugs off. I left after 4pm. This was the third time i have had spinal surgery, the previous 2 being NHS and i will never go private again! I wonder what treatment the 'paying' customers received. but from experience, the NHS treatment is far superior!

Not impressed

Response from Nuffield Health, Leeds Hospital

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further, please give me a call on 0113 388 2000. Paul Cowling - Interim Hospital Director.