"New Victoria Hospital one of my best experience of healthcare in the UK"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Gynaecology

Two of my recent smear tests weren't OK, so I received invitation to colposcopy. I was so worried as I had a baby just 6 months ago and it was like awakening from a nice dream to bad reality.

However my experiences with related healthcare are just great - I rescheduled appointment to my convenience easily, found H clinic easily (all bright, clean, clear instructions from staff).

Doctor was understanding, gentle yet quick, so before I could realise what's happening 'down there' it was done. Such a relief! Nurse spent some time with me talking about results and future care.

Overall on of my best experiences with healthcare in UK - clear, quick, person-focused care. Thanks.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind and thoughtful comments. I was very pleased that the appointment processes, the facilities and staff you encountered were as positive as you described.

It means a great deal to staff to read these comments, and I am very grateful that you did so.

Once again please accept my thanks for sending us these comments. Staff involved in caring for you will be delighted that you appreciated so highly the care provided to you.

Coming into Hospital can be an unsettling experience, but I was very glad that staff and facilities provided you with the reassurance you needed, and an excellent outcome.

Paul