"Eye Clinic @ Rotherham General Hospital"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Ophthalmology

I was sent to the eye clinic due a bad eye infection. I was called through to a small room for a brief eye examination with an auxiliary. The auxiliary was asking me questions when a doctor walked in (the door was open) and started talking to the auxiliary. How rude just to walk straight in not say excuse me or anything.

If the consultant wanted to ask if he could leave a trainee doctor with her then surely there is a more polite way to do it.

I just found this very disrespectful and rude!

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Alfiedog,

Thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion. We very much appreciate patient feedback and are concerned to learn of your experience in our Eye Clinic around the behaviour of a doctor, which is clearly unacceptable and for which we apologise. In order for us to best address the issues you have raised, we would really value you making direct contact with us via our Patients Services on either complaints@rothgen.nhs.uk or 01709 424461, who I am sure will be able to help you.

With best wishes,