"As brilliant as hospital visit could be."

About: Epsom Hospital

Caring, friendly and professional staff. Very good doctors who communicated clearly. Staff worked together to ensure patients best interests. A very good hospital, very good staff throughout the whole hospital incl A and E and Gloucester ward staff where I stayed for 4 nights. Very good indeed: pleasantly surprised!!! Nurses worked very very hard, always on feet with a different patient: they did a super job and I wonder how they keep delivering excellent service when they are so over stretched - very good service throughout every shift!

More nurses as the ones I saw were always busy and working unbelievably hard throughout a long, sometimes 12 / 13 hour shift.

Food service very good also and a good choice catering for all dietary needs. A and E staff also do a fantastic job and were hardworking, friendly and professional throughout my 4 hour stay before being admitted.

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback about the care you received at Epsom Hospital.

As you can imagine, we're committed to ensuring our patients receive the best possible care, so it pleases us to hear you were so happy with your treatment.

I have passed your comments on to both the A&E team and the doctors, nurses and other staff on Gloucester ward. I have also let the catering department have your feedback about the food you received: they will be very pleased.

I would like to reassure you that the number of nurses we have working on our wards is to an appropriate level and I personally check the numbers working across our hospitals each day.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Pippa Hart