"Life at Wathwood"

About: Wathwood Hospital

I've been at Wathwood Hospital for six years. I think things have changed for the worse as I can't smoke anymore. I don't like the food as it's not presented well though I do like the latest news about self catering being made available to some patients.

I train in the gym here and do aerobic stuff to keep fit. I also do fitness exercises in my own room to help my diabetes. I swim and do cardio. Staff are generally ok.

My aim is to leave Wathwood eventually but first move into the lodges at Wathwood with more independence.

Response from Philip Dickinson, Ward Manager and Involvement Lead, Wathwood Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sad to hear that the food is not to your liking, we endevour to make the menus as appealing as possible to all patients and this has recently been reviewed. Any comments are welcome these can be documented on the ward feedback book or through the patients forum. The meals are feshly prepared and then plated and sent to the ward. With regards to smoking, the trust has banned this throughout the trust to benifit all patients and we are unable to look at this. I am glad to hear that ypu are looking forward to self catering and moving onto the lodges. Any specific comments are appreciated so that we can improve the service.

Phil D Ward manager.