"frustrating, stressful, anger."

About: Manor Hospital

I had an appointment on Wednesday 8th February 2012 at 2:00 pm to see a doctor at the out patients day centre. I arrived at 1:30 pm and gave the secretary my letter, at arox' 2:45pm the secretary told me that the doctor was going to be aprox' 20 mins late, at 3:00 pm I asked her how long would i have to wait, she asked my name then checked her paperwork and said she wasn't sure, at 3:45 pm I was still waiting so again I approached her and said that i wasn't prepaired to wait any longer as I had been waiting since 1:30, she looked at me quite shocked then refered again to her paperwork saying sorry its my fault I havn't put the paperwork forward.

I was at the hopital 2 & half hours not being able to see the Doctor and having to pay £4 parking, this is totaly unnaceptable.

I have now been given another date for 07/03/12 which I cannot accept due to work commitments.

I found this experience very stressful, and I have to also say totally unprofesional.

Colin Roberts.

Response from Manor Hospital

Thank you for posting your comment and telling us about your visit to our outpatient department. It’s disappointing for us that your visit was so stressful, unfortunately it does sound like this was an administration error and I can understand how frustrating this must have been for you. Your comment has been forwarded to the outpatient team to make them aware of your experience. All feedback is very valuable to us in our work to improve patient experience and I’d like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Best Regards