"Mental Health Services"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health

An incident occurred and I feel that it was ASSUMED that I was at fault. Attempting to explain I feel that I have been accused, criticized ,lied to, refused meetings and attacked verbally by different staff.

Thankfully one person remained a great help, but it does not remove the painful experience I had to endure. My confidence has been greatly affected.

I still do not know who, why or how it all happened, and even requested help from various trusts when I was experiencing such difficulty and concerns. Again I feel like I was lied to (and I feel that this is provable) to make me go away. So complaining, or in my case resolving is definitely not recommended.

I can only assume some people are unable to listen. We all make mistakes. I would be the first to put my hands up if necessary, but it seems some people cannot.

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our service. From what you have written it is clear that you are unhappy with aspects of the service you have received. Unfortunately from the detail that you have provided it is difficult for us to understand which particular aspect of the service you are unhappy about.

We would be very willing to listen to your concerns and talk over with you how we could provide care that you feel better meets your needs.

If you would like to talk to one our staff please contact the PALS Specialist who will be happy to facilitate contact with one of our Community Managers.

With kind regards

Diana Rowe

Director of Mental Health and Social Care

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

Thank you for posting your story on Patient Opinion. The Somerset LINk is a patient-led group whose role is to make sure that Somerset health services work well for local people. We read all the stories on Patient Opinion from Somerset patients and this helps us with our work.

I hope that you are able to post more information about your experiences, or can contact the Somerset Partnership PALS Team as suggested above by Diana.

I hope that you are able to get some support with the difficulties you have faced. Thanks again for posting.

Best wishes,