"Excellent birthing centre with great midwife led..."

About: University Hospital Lewisham

I had my daughter in the Birthing Centre and was amazed by the standard of care we received. The midwives were excellent, and the environment was just as we would have wanted it.

When things went wrong they were efficient, professional and quick to act, the fact that the centre is on the ground floor of the hospital meant that the crash team were there within seconds and able to assist in caring for our daughter. Though she needed some time in special care I am convinced that these responses mean that we now have a lovely, well daughter.

The contrast with the normal maternity ward at QEH in Woolwich to which I was admitted with food poisoning when I was pregnant was so stark that we changed our care over straight away. I cannot recommend the Birthing Centre highly enough.

Response from Janette Haworth, Head of Public and Service User Engagement, Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Thank you for your comments about your care in the Birth Centre at University Hospital Lewisham. We are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience.