"Great staff, always treated with respect and..."

About: Leigh Infirmary

I have been here a few times, once for an IVP and a few times during and following a miscarriage. On all occasions the staff where lovely, I have been to other hospitals in the area and never been happy with the level of care and sometimes respect I have received, however here I was. When I went for my IVP they ,made a very nervous and worried woman laugh and smile, over the miscarriage I was treated with compassion and empathy at all times, these things go a long a way at times like that. I would like to thank all the lovely staff.

waiting times can be a bit long when you already have an appointment, however I was happy to wait due to the high standard of care, respect and empathy I received.

Keep up the good work, all the staff are lovely and thank you again.

Response from Judith Marland, Patient Relations / PALS Officer , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for your very kind comments, although I am sorry that you did experience a bit of a wait. However, it was good to hear that your experiences, both for the IVP and when you sadly suffered a miscarriage, have been good. I will pass your comments to the Managers of these ares to share with the staff there.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit the Patient Opinion website and to let us know your views, which are important to us.