"Excellent, reassuring and professional care of a..."

About: The Great Western Hospital

I have made several visits to the Breast Centre between 31st October and16th December. I would like to say how helpful, supportive and informative the staff there have been. I would like to give special thanks to the Sister and Consultant who used his skill and persistence to locate a second smaller tumour which had not been noticed before thus saving me a much longer procedure later on.

I wondered why the patient after me on the Day Surgery list went through the Admission procedure at 8am when mine was not done until we arrived at Day surgery at 2pm thereby moving me back on the operating list? (2nd December)

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Many thanks for your positive comments about your experience at the Breast Centre. We have shared your feedback with the teams who looked after you. Due to patient confidentiality, we're unable to address the second point that you raise under 'What could be improved' on an open web forum. However, if you get in touch with comms@gwh.nhs.uk we will be able to give you more information about your particular circumstances.