"Support after coming off methadone"

About: Victoria Infirmary / General Surgery Southern General Hospital / General Surgery

Posted by green (as the patient),

After also being after prescribed Oxicoton for a serious pain condition this year, which i managed to get myself off and over the withdrawals without any help from services. I stabilised back on my 30ml of meth and then tried Suboxone, which I felt nearly killed me. After a lot of discussion with psychiatrists and drug workers i was finally allowed to go into our nearest Crisis Centre, for a 3 week detox. I completed the 3 weeks drug free. However i am now back at home, nearly 6weeks methadone free and I am concerned that, in my opinion, I have been offered no real help from an addiction worker

Response from John Hamilton, Head of Board Administration, Board Administration, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde on 19/01/2012 at 11:25

Thank you for your comments which you have posted on Patient Opinions. We were disappointed to read that you feel you have been given no real support in coming off drugs although you are to be commended for the strenuous efforts you have made in being methadone free.

We use comments of this nature to bring about improvements to our services and we will share this with our Drugs and Alcohol Teams so that they can consider and address any deficiencies they may identify as a result of your comments.

Thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us,

Regards,