"My Mum's Stroke"

About: Chesterfield Royal Hospital Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust / Stroke services

In November, my Mum had a stroke. She was admitted to Chesterfield Royal Infirmary for a barrage of tests. They kept her in for almost a week.

The medical and support staff were excellent. The food was very good and the Hospital was scrupulously clean. Thank goodness. My Mother is very particular about cleanliness. She was treated with the utmost dignity and respect, as were all the patients on the Ward.

When she was discharged home, the local Stroke Support Team visited her every day for 6 weeks to help with walking, confidence etc.

The family can't thank the Hospital and the NHS enough for the care our Mum was given.

Response from Dan Oliver, Public and Patient Experience Officer , Patient Experience Team, Derbyshire Community Health Services

Hi FBrooks

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience with the Stroke Support Team. We will share your feedback with this team.