"Overall good medical care"

About: Arrowe Park Hospital

The maternity unit had recently been refurbished and provided a private room with ensuite facilities.

The staff in the maternity unit, from cleaners to midwives, were friendly and pleasant.

Medical staff and midwives seemed professional, however, I had an uncomplicated and easy delivery, no intervention was required.

On the day of giving birth I was left in the delivery suite for several hours as there were no available rooms/beds. Once in my room, staff rushed in to clean it, saying it hadn't been cleaned before my arrival which was a little disturbing.

I was not given any meal. I was left to sleep and not wakened to be offered any food when they were serving hot food to all of the patients.

I felt a little isolated and alone in the room. There didn't seem to be any staff around to check or advise for a first baby.

The actual medical care was good for a straight forward delivery and the accommodation pleasant.

However, things such as housekeeping and catering did seem disorganised and they did appear to be staff shortages.