"Great Satisfaction with the way in which I was..."

About: Torbay Hospital

I was taken by ambulance to the A&E department, and although this department was bursting at the seams I was treated in an extremely efficient and courteous manner, I coulod not fault the Doctors, Nurses and X-Ray staff. I did experience a long wait, on a trolley and in a corridor with members of the public passing by, and found this unpleasant, but, realise that under the circumstances this was unavoidable. After diagnosis I was sent to ward EAU 4. My treatment there was again excellent, but I was surrounded by patients who were extremely unpleasant to the staff and even though I was in great pain I found it necessary to ask one complainer to be reasonable !! Eventually and via another ward I was moved into Cromie Ward...where I could not fault the staff, I was there for three days, had minor surgery and have nothing but praise for the way in which I was treated.

Since leaving the hospital the Follow Up has not been so good, my GP having heard nothing from the hospital since I was discharged three weeks ago. I have today done some "Chasing" myself.

This was my second visit to Torbay in 5 years...and I am full of praise for everything...except, that is, the food !!!

The food, and privacy whilst waiting on a trolley, in a corridor,in A&E. Minor criticism.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive feedback; we try to ensure we share examples of good practice and also that we learn from any negative experiences.