"Vile place, NHS Bradford & Airedale, should be..."

About: Lynfield Mount Hospital

?

Horrible how patients are spoken to, you never see a consultant on duty, the nurses stand around doing nothing, family phone calls never returned, unorganised, no meetings with family. Can't tell if the staff from patients. Little care.

Hopeless, scruffy, disgusting, unpleasant. People treated very badly by staff.

Response from Bradford District Care Trust

We are always concerned when peoples’ experience is not a positive one from our services and would prompt you to contact our PALS department so that we can look into your specific complaints in more detail. The contact number is 01274 408600.

Response from Lynfield Mount Hospital

I am sorry that this experience was not brought to my attention during your stay with us. In recent months, we have made improvements to the way we involve family and carers within our patient care. In addition, our wards have in the last 12 months undergone major refurbishment and we are currently in the process of recruiting more doctors to support our consultant team working on our wards. Being spoken to in a disrespectful way is never acceptable and nor is not returning phonecalls from carers and family members. We have developed training delivered by service users for staff called ‘values and relationships’ that addresses a range of topics including those that you mention. If you wish to discuss your experience further then I think it will useful if I share the telephone details for our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS Telephone 01274 408600) who will be very happy to talk through your concerns.