"Not enough free time in the community"

I am a family member to a patient at Highbury Hospital. I feel that not enough free time in the community is allowed and patients are not supported in access to family time. I do not believe that enough staff time is available to help meet the needs of patients - which I think means that staff are unable to escort patients into the community sufficiently. The family has its own health problems and this is really difficult for us.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry that you have had this experience of our services. We work hard to ensure that adequate leave and family time is facilitated for our service users. Leave is always predicated on service user presentation however we are aware of the wider issues of availability of staff to facilitate escorted time or leave. We now have Peer support workers linking in with each ward area to support service users with the transition between hospital and home and we are hopeful that this situation will improve in the near future. Again many thanks for your comments.

Rachel Garton