"Musgrove and Bristol hospitals"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I had a heart attack last October. I was taken to Musgrove by a brilliant Ambulance crew. I felt my stay on ward in Musgrove Park Hospital was appalling - food I ate was awful, and one nurse extremely bossy about what I ate. I thought the doctors were okay.

I then moved to Bristol Royal Infirmiary for a bypass operation. The treatment was fantastic - hospital and staff the best! Follow up classes to be organised by Musgrove Park - but I am still waiting to hear from them.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

Hello,

This story was submitted to Patient Opinion by the Somerset LINk, on behalf of a Somerset patient who has contacted us as part of our 'Patient Stories' project. We will be keeping a record of all stories submitted, and all responses from providers.

Thanks very much to the person who submitted this story. I'm glad that you had such a positive experience of the Ambulance Service and BRI, but I'm sorry that your stay in Musgrove was not so good. We will make sure that Musgrove read your story and we will ask them to respond.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Best wishes,

LUCY

Response from Martine Price, Head of Patient Experience, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for the feedback about your care at Musgrove Park Hospital. I apologise for your poor experience . We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you directly about the issues you have raised, please contact our Patient Advice and liaison Office on 01823 343536