"Consultant saw me for all of 2 mins"

About: Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

I had an appointment with the fracture clinic in early October.

On arriving at the hospital I reported to reception and was just told to take a seat my name wasn't taken and it didn't seem that any one was told that I was there for my appointment. I was left waiting in reception for 45 mins! No one at reception appeared to know anything about the appointment for the clinic.

When I was eventually seen I was given what I regarded as a feeble apology by one of the nurses who took me through.

One of the consultants saw me for all of 2 mins and I was sent on my way. I am extremely unhappy that I had to take an hour off of work for a 2 min appointment! All in all extremely poor service all round!

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

This story was submitted to Patient Opinion by the Somerset LINk, on behalf of a local patient who has sent us their story as part of our 'Patient Stories' project.

We are keeping a record of all stories that are sent to us, and asking providers to respond to the stories. We will be contacting Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, who run Shepton Mallet Community Hospital, and asking them to respond to this patient's story.

Many thanks to the patient, who has taken the time to send in their experience to us. We are sorry that you had such a frustrating experience, but thank you for sharing it with us!

Best wishes,