"This A & E unit lacks of compassion in work,..."
About: The Royal London Hospital The Royal London Hospital London E1 1BB
What I liked
Last year, when I was admitted to this hospital, it is quite good that I receive attention and care. Recently, when my husband is admitted to the hospital it is a nightmare (November 2011). There is nothing I like about this A&E unit after that event.
What could be improved
(1) Porters are not helpful. My husband was in 'paralysed' mode and could not get out from the car and I asked for Porters to help. The Porter told me to get the wheelchair and help myself. If someone unable to get into the hospital, do you just leave the person to do it on his own outside the hospital entrance ?
(2) Receptionist is ineffiecient and unfriendly. If it is an emergency, do you expect people to wait ?
(3) Nurse lack of compassion in her work. One of the nurses was laughing at my husband when was treating him, it is very insulting.
(4) Long wait and no explaination. To get a scan, we have to wait for 3 hours or more. No one have try to explain to me what is going on.
(5) Waited long time for results. Nurse always tell me to come back an hour later.
(6) My husband hasn't eaten anything since coming to the hospital. I asked for some food, told me to wait and then I asked someone else, said there is no food !