"not grfeat"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I was fed and watered well, but the Time taken to see doctor inCDU was too long.. I waited 24 hours !!!

You are right that waiting 24 hours to be seen by a doctor is too long! I suspect that a junior doctor initially saw you and that you may have been waiting for a specialist or a specific consultant as we do have CDU doctors available 24 hours a day; but without more detail it is difficult to know what happened and I can only apologise.

We have over recent months undertaken a great deal of work at Pilgrim hospital around the flow of patients through CDU from A&E and into the wards and we are seeing less waits and much more presence of senior doctors. I am sorry that this wasn’t the experience for you. Your feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to do so; I am sorry that we have only just responded to it having recently put processes into place to do so. Thank you again.