"T's n C's: too long & complex. for my brain-cell..."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

What I liked Respect & Courtesy. I had seen a consultant at Clayton a few yrs. ago, where he & the staff did not talk down to me. I felt at-ease enough, to ask Q'ns re. my eyes & med's.. The consultant was very thorough. I chose Clayton, because . . . Following an rta..& v. severe head injuries, I had initially, seen a, Consultant at Leeds, LGI, Ophthal.. < Never again What could be improved The new Pinderfields. I have read a few of the adverse comments & do agree that the clerica dept. is . . . having a few, Teething Prob's but There are obviously a lot of patients, so, the options are., 1. Crowded waiting rooms and inevitable delays. Or 2. Be referred to, another hospital, with all the costs that incurrs for both patients and NHS. Plus the inconvenience and extra time, to get there. Perhaps, waiting area staff a. re-act to unknown, patients' impatience ? b. Are, giving of their best, given the vast number of patients My own sister in law, in her late 70's, has also had several appt. Probs BTW. I do not work for the NHS ! I am in fact, unable to work, due to my RTA. as mentioned above. Thank You, PGH Ophthal. Team. This took me over an hour to write. Lengthy but Sincere. Anything else? I do feel that we are a bunch of Complainants, on the planet generally ! Myself inc.. ! I do like to give Credit where it's due. Thanks a lot guys n gals. Do develop that sense of humour. er, Laugh at yourself/your own mistakes. Essential for maintaining, or acquiring your sanity.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post this helpful feedback. We are aware of capacity issues within opthalmology and are working hard to address these so that access is improved and delays reduced. We do not underestimate the impact of these issues on our patients and really appreciate their patience!