"Treatment and diagnosis competent booking of..."

About: Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

I find the booking in for next appointment system absoulutely terrible and is causing me a great deal of anxiety & stress. As I am self employed and I need to plan my diary weeks or months in advance, I just cant understand why cant be given a date well ahead so I can plan my work & life around this. Also all other patients just be given the next alloted slot even if there are 100 other patients waiting for a slot which I have been informed. If there are a 100 just book in 100 slots & dates. I cant think of any other situation in life that you have the uncertainty of not knowing when next date for an appointment will be. For myself as times are hard I would have to cancel or let others down and break contracts etc and this current system is just toooooooooo stressful please improve it !

Give a date even if well ahead especially to self employed who do not have the luxury of booking time off work at the drop of a hat

Please provide the date of my next apopointment urgently or may well have nervous breakdown

Response from Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the NHS choices website. It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. We take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously. If you want to raise this issue please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk.