"Very clean wards with very kind staff"

About: Sussex Eye Hospital

I had a cataract operation in March 2010 and I found it quite traumatic as I discovered I was claustrophobic so by the time September came around for the second eye operation I was very nervous but the support, kindness and help I received from the Doctor and his team was excellent. The anaethetist was very understanding and kind. He also discussed how I would be sedated so I wasns't at all nervous and the nursing that I received from the Nurse was excellent too. My sincere thanks to all who saw me through this second cataract surgery. I'm very grateful for the kindness shown. I can also see very well now!

Response from Brighton & Hove LINk

It’s great that you had such a positive experience.

As the independent health and adult social care watchdog for the Brighton & Hove, we collect any stories you have about local services. These stories are then logged with us, and if enough people have a similar story we can act on this information, either by challenging services about negative feedback we have received or congratulating them for positive feedback.

If you would like your experiences to be logged with us, just email me the details at community@cvsectorforum.org.uk (you could copy and paste what you have written here if you like), or look at our website www.bhlink.org for more information about what we do.

Response from Sussex Eye Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team