"Long wait with little communication"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Huyton

I arrived at the walk-in centre at 11.30am to see a doctor. I was told on three occasions that I was next in line to be seen, but kept waiting and waiting. Eventually, two hours later, I gave up and left as I had only paid for two hours parking thinking this would be adequate, and so had to rush back to my car.

I spoke to the traffic warden who said that this often seemed to happen as he often came across people rushing back to there cars without having been seen.

Whilst the staff at reception were very pleasant, I feel that there was a total lack of communication over waiting times - I had to approach them each time to enquire, each time being told I was next in line.

Two hours really is an unacceptable time to have to wait, particularly for the many elderly people there. Not really good enough.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS, Knowsley Integrated Provider Services

Dear zenith819,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your visit to the walk in centre.

The majority of our patients are seen within 2 hours or less however there are occasions when this is not possible due to peaks in demand or when staff are dealing with emergency situations. There is a communication board within the waiting area that has the approximate waiting time on, which should be updated frequently, alternately as in your experience the reception staff will provide this information on request.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one and thank you again for providing us with feedback.

Kind Regards.