"My brother's association with mental health"
About: Cheshire And Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Cheshire And Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Chester CH2 1BQ Clatterbridge Hospital Clatterbridge Hospital Wirral CH63 4JY
Posted by BW662 (as ),
The following incidences occurred during my brothers fatal association with the world of psychiatry.
• Despite the insistence of my brother and family members regarding his emotional well-being. My brother, was drugged and hence, we feel he was coerced into accepting the scourge of anti-psychotic medication into his life by Clatterbridge hospital, Wirral.
• During periods of medication stoppage, my brother experienced severe cognitive difficulties. Consequently, his personal safety was put at risk
• Appeals were made for increased monitoring.
• We feel hospital staff were entirely unresponsive to these appeals.
• My brother jumped from a high vantage point, following a medication stoppage. As far as we're aware, he had been left 18 days without monitoring.
• He lost his fight for life ten days later.
With the aid of Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS foundation trust who we feel have been duplicitous and the behavior of the parliamentary and health service ombudsman which we question, it's our opinion that the people who we think contributed to my brothers death have not been held to account.
After witnessing the actions of the so called medical professions involved in my brothers care, which I consider to be reckless and the terrible effects of anti-psychotic medication on my brothers psychological and physiological well-being, it is my belief, that psychiatry should not be called a medical discipline.
The above incidences, not only destroyed my brothers life, but it also, took away his dignity, self-respect and freedom.
These events have left me, totally broken. My trust in the NHS and justice in this once proud country is non-existent.
(Names have been omitted to prevent further distress to family members and relations.)