"Difficult to get through"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

(as a service user),

Having been given the number of DART to make an appointment following a recent referral, I tried several times this morning to get through to them, but was unable to do so.

I'm quite disappointed with the line and the service. The last appointment I made through them was just as difficult to arrange, and ended up being several weeks later than suggested on the referral letter.

I would much rather use an ordinary appointment booking system.

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear ‘kite476’,

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know about your experience of using our service, we are grateful for all feedback that we receive.

I am very sorry that you were unable to get through to us; our phone lines are always very busy on Mondays. We do endeavour to answer all calls as quickly as possible and, on average, we answer over 85% of calls within 1 minute and nearly 80% within 30 seconds. You should also have been offered the option to leave a message so that we can call you back, although I realise that this is not always a convenient option.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,