"Complete waste of time, fraustrating and ignorant..."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Staff need to take part in a team building program as no one had a clue what was happening.

We arrived for an appointment for my daughter at 7:30 am. We were taken to a bed at 9:00am we were then completely ignored and left there for 9 hours !!! and then finally told come back in two days, with no explaination of what the problem is. We were also told to call the ward if the symptoms got any worse or we were concerned. 3 days later the symptoms were more painfull and had spread to another part of her body. I rang the ward and was told the doctor would contact me within the hour 5 hours later i called again and was told by the doctor that the new symptoms (althought they were identical) had to be seen by her GP and then refered back to them if need be. !!!

I now have to go through the entire process again just to see the same doctors. I am absoloutly fuming and i will be taking this further with a written complaint, and a chat with my MP.!!!

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your experience at Leicester’s Hospitals. We realise a significant amount of time has passed since you posted your comment and we would like to sincerely apologise that we did respond to in a timely manner. We have since updated our process of responding to reviews posted on NHS Choices and are now committed to making sure we respond to comments within 21 days of the date they are posted. If you would still like you comments to be investigated or passed onto the clinical team involved, please contact PILS on 08081 788337 or online at www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/contact-form/. Kind regards Communications Team Leicester's Hospitals