"Absolute waste of time!"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

My partner was seen by triage fairly quickly & once moved to the minor injuries unit we found it to be clean & light.

Staff efficiency & interaction with patients. Waited over 3 hours, 1 hour in main waiting area before being moved to the minor injuries unit. We were advised of a 1-2 wait. No-one advised us of any changes to the waiting time or updated the LED screen. The seats are particularly uncomfortable when having to sit for long periods.

My partner ended up walking out without being treated. I asked how much longer we would have to wait. and all I were told is that "someone" had our card but not an estimated time or given a name. After sitting around so long without seeing a clinician, on very uncomfortable seats, we found that the lack of patient interaction/care was worse than the injury itself. When I advised the nurse that we were leaving as we had been waiting over 3 hours I was given a shrug. I felt as though they really couldn't care less.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Dear Tina,

We are sorry to read your feedback on your experience at the Royal Oldham Hospital and apologise you did not receive the care and attention you expected. Your comments will be forwarded to the A&E manager for her attention and to take any appropriate actions to address the issues you have raised.