"Excellent and immediate care, post surgery..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

A worrying time with a poorly child who then deteriorated and needed emergency surgery - From A&E into Paeds assessment and then onto Rainbow. Every staff member from the friendly porter to the surgeon and of course the wonderful nurses made a very traumatic experience all the more bearable by their confident diagnosis, professionalism and wonderful care. Thank you very much.

nothing on this visit

Our grateful thanks

Response from Steven Hams, Deputy Chief Nurse and Head of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for letting us know about the positive experience you and your daughter had in the Accident and Emergency Department and Rainbow Ward at Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital, we know that having a poorly child can be very difficult for mum's, dad's and the family so we are really pleased the whole team were professional and caring. I know the team will be deligted with your feedback, so I will pass on your comments. I hope your daughter is making good progress.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Thank you for letting us know about the positive experience you and your daughter had in the Accident and Emergency Department and Rainbow Ward at Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital, we know that having a poorly child can be very difficult for mum's, dad's and the family so we are really pleased the whole team were professional and caring. I know the team will be delighted with your feedback, so I will pass on your comments. I hope your daughter is making good progress.