"Protocol taken to the limits"

About: Montagu Hospital

I tried over the period of 6 days to make contact . Left a couple of messages..tried to make contact through main switchboard and was eventually contacted. I had previously had appointment with the department..had all my tratments booked and because I was going for a second opinion..everything was cancelled and although I was told to contact the department directly when I had my other opinion I am now told that I have to go through the booking service again. So that is a further 5 months of pain.

Response from Montagu Hospital

We're really sorry to hear you didn't get a response to your initial messages and can totally appreciate that when you're in pain a delay in your treatment can have a big impact on your quality of life. In this case, it sounds like your treatment was put on hold because you wanted to get a second opinion on your condition. The team may have felt it wouldn't be appropriate to start the treatments until you had received this second opinion and decided whether or not you still wanted to proceed with the programme of care they had suggested.

Response from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust